Monday, September 6, 2010

Book Review: Writing Down the Bones

This was an amazing book! It is a must read for anyone who writes. It totally captured my passion for writing, as if the author took a microscope to my thoughts on writing and put it into this book. It was very helpful and useful for improving your own writing including tips on how to write to your audience and how to "practice" writing. I never even knew there was such a thing, well I do now. The author speaks very candidly and it is well-written and very inviting to read. It made me want to write even more than I did before I started reading. I definitely recommend this book :)

1 comment:

  1. I love that book as well! I read it the first year of college, and still have it on my shelf. It gave me many wonderful tips and ideas. Writing is such a release for me and usually I channel that through journaling. Love your blog Alaina!

    ReplyDelete