WOW! I didn't expect so much interest in me! It's a lovely surprise. Thank you for your great questions! They were a lot of fun to answer, and some required a bit of thought. There ended up being 20 total, so I will post the first 10 questions and answers today and the last 10 tomorrow.
1. What made you start blogging?
Being a military spouse, we've always moved far away from family and friends and it gets lonely. I needed an outlet to express myself, and I just wanted to be heard. To connect with others in the world I could relate to...other mothers, other military spouses, SAHM, etc. The blogging world became the social connection I was missing.
2. You say you're a "quiet person," Do you find that you express yourself better by writing, or are you able to express yourself "in person" just as well?
I express myself best in writing, no question about it. I am a terrible speaker, even in a casual conversation. I stumble over my words, I studder, and my thoughts in my head are clear, but they don't come out through words the way I want them to. When speaking, I definitely do the best one on one. I am more comfortable writing though, the words seem to flow better.
3. What's the last book you read? ( I don't mean "The Very Hungry Caterpillar;" I'm really asking what you read for YOU.
Well, I saw the musical Wicked three months ago and LOVED it! So I went out and got the book that the play was based on, but I didn't even finish it because I didn't like it. The last book I read was "Into the Wild" by Jon Krakauer and that was a good book. I like to read inspiring stories, true stories.....I mostly read Christian books and self-improving/motivational books.
4. What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
I don't eat very adventurously. I have eaten eel and shark, but I wasn't impressed with either.
5. Do you prefer coffee or tea?
The only time I drink hot tea is when I have a sore throat (works every time). I love coffee!
6. Do you prefer heels or flats?
I love shoes! I love the way heels look style-wise, but I can't wear heels because I have very weak ankles. I prefer wearing flats or shoes with a wedge.
7. Do you think Adam and Eve had belly buttons or not? ;)
Hahaha. This question made me smile. Never in my life have I ever thought about that...that's interesting though. I don't know....maybe not.
8. What are a few items you can't live without? Besides your beautiful family of course.
I couldn't live without chocolate :) My wedding ring/engagement ring and my mommy bracelet with my daughter's name on it are very special to me. I don't feel complete when I take them off. My Bible is my life guide, so I need that. A purse of some kind, because everything I need when I am away from home is in there. A notebook and pen because my life consists of lists.
9. What is your greatest achievement?
That's an easy one....having my daughter and becoming a mother.
10. What is your greatest regret?
Doing too much physically with boyfriends before marriage.