Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Headed for NY

Tomorrow morning I am leaving for New York. Becca's 2nd birthday party is on saturday. Her actual birthday isn't til next week, but we are doing a lot of traveling this summer and are trying to space it out a little bit so it's not too overwhelming for Becca. I am really excited for her birthday party. It should be a good turn out and the forecast is looking promising. It's going to be a Dora the Explorer theme...that's her favorite show. :) So, I have much to do. I need to make lists for everyone, and then pack everything on the lists. Then I need to clean out the car, which is still a mess from our last trip to NY in May. This trip is going to be a first. The will be my first driving trip alone with Becca and Max (our dog). Usually Eric (my husband) is always with us but he couldn't get the time off. So, he will be coming up separately on Friday and then he has to leave Sunday to be back to work Monday. I wanted to take the opportunity and spend a little extra time in town visiting family and friends I rarely get to see. Every time we go to NY we can only stay the weekend and there are so many people we don't get to see. So, this time I am coming up early and then staying in town 3 extra days without my husband. But, it'll be good. :) I probably won't have much computer access so I will post about my trip when I return next week. Hope you all have a great time while I'm gone and I'll catch you up when I get back :)

7 comments:

  1. Laina enjoy your extended trip to NY and seeing family and friends. Happy Birthday to Becca, I hope she has a wonderful party and you all enjoy celebrating such a special day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're enjoying your trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds lovely we are trying to plan a trip up to Jersey to see my family and have them all meet out little man

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited you are here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a new follower stopping by to say hello! Glad we're all in this crazy Navy life together!

    Sarah
    navywifediary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you and Becca are having a wonderful time in NY! Be safe!Happy Mothering!
    Debi

    ReplyDelete