Thursday, May 26, 2011

Poem I wrote


When I feel I need some space, I take a walk outside,
I seek peace, I breathe at ease and look up to the sky.
I feel the air brush through my hair and tickle the top of my skin,
I close my eyes and think of God, hoping to connect with Him.

I begin to feel that He is there, 
Reminding me that He still cares.
The truth is that He never left, it's me that pushes Him away.
Why I fight Him, I don't know,
Living my way, I'll never grow.
Without Him present in my life, I'll never find my way.

Eyes still closed, I feel the sun's warm rays upon my face,
It's God's way of embracing me and restoring my faith.

He gives me the peace I struggle to find behind my home's four walls,
These walls are closing in on me and I struggle to breathe.
I need to find an escape from this place,
To feel free and to be me.
I feel constrained and confined,
Release me from this cage.
These chains of life have bound me,
And at moments I feel enraged.
I cry, "where are you God? Oh please help me."
He replies, "I'm right here, no need to fear, I've heard your plea."
I sit in His presence saying nothing at all,
He reads my soul and answers its call.
He comforts me, knowing exactly what I need.
I can finally rest, I can finally breathe.
In His presence, He digs deep through the layers, uncovering the hidden real me.
I feel my chest open up, my back feels lighter,
He lifted my burden my outlook is brighter.

Thank you, God for rescuing me and renewing and restoring me once again.















No comments:

Post a Comment